My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit:

http://www.chubbymommyrunningclub.com/

and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Can't Go Running If I Have to Go Skiing

Dear Roxanne,

Can you run tomorrow, as we planned? You sort of promised, remember? I have a meeting at 7:30 in the morning, but we could go at 10:00. Except I might have coffee with my other running partner (instead of running with her, which happens a lot) so maybe we should say 11:30 or 12:00. I hope it isn't going to rain because I really hate that.

Love,

@juliejulie

Dear Julie,

I would say MY day is all about the weather. Because I have sacrificed my LIFE for the school auction these past few weeks, with that DEMANDING Lori boss I had, and I'm afraid my ski pass is screaming for attention, and I simply MUST reply if the weather is good. If it is not so good, yes, Inga and I run in all wether, so a 'nooner' would be great. But I am afraid MY schedule in the next few weeks will be ALL ABOUT the weather and my 12 day SKI PASS. Do you like how I am using capital letters emphasize certain thoughts, as simple as they are?.

You are my funniest running partner as well. We cannot stop - ever. Untill we both move away of course!

YOUR PAL

Roxanne


Dear Roxanne,

First of all - I wish I had a ski pass but I haven't skied in forever and a day and up until 2 weeks ago I didn't want to spend the money. But now that some checks have come through maybe I can, but maybe it's too late in the season and I'm so bad at skiing since I haven't done it in so long that it could be a terrible, terrible waste of money.

Second - I'm going snow shoeing with my bookkeeper next Wednesday (the one featured in the blog post about the running vest that looks a bit like a suicide bomber vest, which isn't funny at all and I was not trying to make a joke about that, I was just trying to make a joke about how vain I am, but I fear perhaps just saying the word suicide bomber is not so good) and you're cordially invited. To the snow shoeing. And maybe Lori should come too since we still adore her despite her ability to organize us and raise money for good causes.

In fact, maybe I should get a Flip Video and we could film the snowshoeing adventure, because Lori's so adorable, she'd get us more hits to the blog. Oops, if I buy a flip camera, I’d use up the money for my non-existent ski pass. But still, you get the sacrifice I'm making, right? Good. Thought so. It's all about the blog, really.

So call me if you don't go skiing so we can run. Call, don't Facebook me, because I won't get it in time, since I'll be out and about at my meeting and my coffee, with only my phone, and the email doesn't always work on my phone and the Facebook doesn't hook up to the email, which doesn't work...even though I started a woman in tech group, that should not fool you into believing I can figure out these kinds of things. I could try but then I might cry or throw the phone on the ground.

So anyway just call me if you want to run at 12:00. Okay? Please?

Alrighty then. Thanks. See you tomorrow. Assuming you're not on the mountain.

Also, it will probably be really cold and windy and stuff if you ski, but don't let that stop you, since you love to ski. Super. Love it. For real. And it's good to do things you love.

Love,

@juliejulie


Dear Roxanne,

Also, I wish you'd hurry up and stop sleeping already. It's 4:53 a.m. now on Wednesday and I'm eagerly awaiting your response so I can figure out my life today, for heavens sakes. I have stuff to do here, like write my blog post with your words and your pictures while you're wasting your life s.l.e.e.p.i.n.g.

Sheesh.

Love,

@juliejulie


Dear Roxanne,

Also do you have a picture of you and or Inga skiing? If so please send it so I can post to the blog. And I swear I will link to your site. Also please send me your link.

Love,

@juliejulie


Dear Roxanne,

Also I would like to use parts of this conversation for today's post because I'm having breakfast with the guy from Mt. Bachelor today and he should know that he needs to get me a free ski pass so I can make a movie about the mountain, which we mentioned last time we saw each, and if I finish this post before breakfast I can show him and remind him. So this is all about me. As usual.

Love,

@juliejulie


Dear Julie,

It turns out I've got a ton of 'too-real-life' stuff to deal with today. I've got to get Inga out this morning to free up my afternoon so I can’t go running at noon. And no, I don't have ANY shots of me skiing with him! Darn't! I'm never in any pictures, ‘cause I'm the one with the camera! I'm afraid you’re on your own with your blog today. Although now that I just said that, how about this for today's excuse, "I can't possibly run today as I have to pick up my 'bowel prep kit' for my upcoming colonoscopy" cocktails and reception following.....

Also Julie, I am busy next Wednesday, so no snowshoeing for me! I have to tell you, I don't snowshoe either, because I think to myself, why not put on skies and go faster! Let's run tomorrow, okay? I promise.

Love,

Roxanne


Dear Roxanne,

Fine. I went swimming instead.

Love,

@juliejulie

No comments: