After our 3rd local "Chub Club Fast Walk" outing, I think we are officially a club. I think we should be a national club. I think everyone who wants to be a member of Chubby Mommy Running Club should be. I think I'll need to figure out a way to give everyone a gold star for trying, not crying.
The virtual world is great, of course, but it's nice to get together in real life. We are working on some changes to this site to facilitate easier community building.
Wow. What would happen if every city had a Chubby Mommy Running Club? Can we change the world through community exercise? If we build it, will they come?
Ideas: for newbies, try exercising one hour, two days a week with a group. Two people can be a group. Recruit friends and neighbors. It's okay to divide your group into morning, noon and night walker/runners, and skill levels.
Think community! Think encouragement! Don't worry too much about your heart rate and your intensity level if it freaks you out. Just two days of group, you can push yourself on the other days.
1. Try, not Cry - time to get up and get outside. No superstars needed.
2. You don't have to be a mommy - it's just a state of mind, really.
3. You don't have to be a runner - but if you are, find other runners too.
4. You don't have to be Chubby! We are an equal opportunity club!
5. Be kind to each other and to yourselves - no gossip.
6. Share your stories with us - for now, let's use comments as our forum.
7. Stay positive - whiny people end up walking alone.
Start a club, embrace the Chub.
Let's do it.