My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit:

http://www.chubbymommyrunningclub.com/

and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Laundry, My Life


The laundry's getting out of hand around here.

I've been busy working on our start-up company, 401K Buddy. We found a guy who's quite excited about it, and who's in a position to help us get it up and running, and out to the world. Of course, we're excitd too, and want to move forward quickly, quickly, let's do this thing!

But 401K Buddy has taken over my laundry time. To be fair, I tend to let all kinds of things take over my laundry time. I need a Laundress (that's another word I picked up from Martha Stewart.)

I've got some big piles of clean laundry, and big piles of dirty laundry. Lately, my goal is to make sure the piles don't mix. The bigger goal, of course, is to have no piles, but to have all the laundry clean, folded and put away properly.

Laundry nirvana? Maybe.

Do you think the dirty clothes care that they're crumpled, smelly and stranded in a heap they can't possible get themselves out of? Does the clean laundry feel equally frustrated that it spends a good deal of its clean time in a heap on a table, waiting to get smoothed out and tucked in to a dark, quiet drawer?

If I were a piece of clothing, I'd want to be worn. I'd want the world to see me on an attractive person or a beautiful child. I'd want to be the favorite thing that my people reached for over and over. I'd want to be the Velevteen Rabbit of shirts.

I should help these poor clothes. It's sort of mean to just leave them lying around in heaps.

I need some good laundry karma.

2 comments:

nelsoneroni said...

Dear Ms. A:

I'm a highly qualified Laundress with over 25 years of experience with both top and front loading machines. Strong familiarity with regular and HE detergents. Won the "International Laundry Sorting" competition in Reykjavik, Iceland in 2005. Resume and references available upon request. I look forward to the possibility of working with you.

Lori the Laundress

juliejulie said...

Dear Mrs. Lori King:

As soon as I get my house clean enough to actually let people come over and look at my laundry, I hope you're first in line.

Bring cupcakes. You'll need them.

Love, Miss Julie