My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit:

http://www.chubbymommyrunningclub.com/

and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Gold Star Will Power

I did not drink a beer last night, even though I really wanted one. I think I'll give myself a gold star.

But I did eat some bacon this morning. I made a "restaurant breakfast" for sleep-over guests so I can keep my "best mom ever!" status. I got some of that nitrate free stuff from Trader Joe's, and I had to make sure it wasn't poison.

I know that saying no to beer and yes to bacon probably cancel each other out, in some way. But that's not the point. The point is to have some control over something, anything, just to prove I can.

If I can say no to beer and yes to exercise, I could probably get on Oprah some day. Not sure how yet, but I'll figure it out. I like to feel in control, and I like gold stars.

Maybe I'll create a super fancy gold star chart system for running without bacon and beer, and Oprah will think it's nifty. Bob Greene doesn't give her stars, I bet.

But man oh man, I love bacon even more than beer. So this concept could just be a pipe dream. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: