My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit:

http://www.chubbymommyrunningclub.com/

and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Walking Off Banana Bread

I didn't go running today, but I probably should have. My husband decided we should make some of his super delicious "Dad's Famous Banana Bread." We call it DFBB for short.

He's tried several recipes over the past year, and the one he's been making lately is by far the best. Today, I helped him, which meant I read the famous recipe.

I figured out why it's so dang good.

For two loaves, we used one cup of butter and four eggs. Enough said.

But I'll continue, anyway. We also added some flour, sugar, bananas and a few chopped pecans. And a little salt and baking soda. That's it.

The result is pretty much perfect, really. Buttery, a little crunchy on top, a little sweet, a little salty, and a lot of yum packed into every bite.

So, we did go for a walk while it was cooling. But, even with the one big hill, I highly doubt we burned anywhere close to the number of "butter calories" contained in each bite.

I wonder how many hills it takes to work off a piece of DFBB. The world may never know.

No comments: