Thanks to my loyal fans who kept checking in and bothering me with demanding emails to post more.
I've been twittering a lot, which shows up on my blog, but it's not the same as silly little stories, I know.
So here are some things I've been thinking about:
- School's out. What the heck do we do with these kids all day now?
- Potty Training. We've taken to keeping the puppy on a leash all day to help in potty training. He's with one of us, to lessen the guilt, but I fear he'll get a neck ache, eventually.
- Cupcakes. I've been thinking about cupcakes a lot. I've enjoyed getting to know a new cupcake shop in town, Le Cakery. Yum, yum, and yum. It's on Galveston next to the sports equipment shop, across the street from Dilusso's. Tell them Chubby Mommy sent you.
- The Power of Now my friend Patty turned me on to this book. I'm trying to stay in the now, but my mind always spins to future possibilities all day long. Still, I'm trying.
- Meditation my friend Lisa taught me a mantra: "Breathing in I calm my body. Breathing out, I smile." It sort of works. Especially at 2:00 a.m. I don't want to get out of bed, or the puppy needs his outside-potty-eat some chow routine. Which I don't want to do at 2:00 a.m. So this mantra helps me get back to sleep.
- Running. Okay, I lied here. I haven't thought about this in ages. I've been walking occasionally, but can't even remember the last time I ran. I need to start again. The weather's nice, the kids don't need me in the morning now, and I really don't need to get on my computer at 6:00 a.m., so I should start running again. I mean I will. I wonder if I need new shoes again?
Comments, please. Help me, dear friends. I need you.