My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit:

http://www.chubbymommyrunningclub.com/

and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Finally Summer


It's funny how we're so programmed by the school year. I feel like a weight has been lifted off me now that school's out.

I haven't gone to school in years, and keeping the kids entertained while mom and dad are both working at home should have caused an alarm bell to ring in my head shortly after the final school bell beeped.

Instead, I feel a sudden lightness and carefree laziness called summer creeping into my work day. Now I moise into my office around 8:00, instead of checking my email at 6:30 a.m. And I think about going to lunch with friends instead of what time it is on the east coast where several of my clients live.

We drink coffee on the porch in the morning and wine on the porch in the evening now. It feels like work is something that happens between coffee and wine.

Is it the children's excitement of sleeping in and playing in the sprinkler and realizing they're tall enough to climb a bigger tree this year that's done it? Or am I finally calming down and learning to relax?

Or maybe something darker and scarier has happened. Maybe I'm finally realizing I will die eventually, and I won't miss conference calls and emails (except the funny ones!) but I will miss the puppies and the children and my coffee man and wine friends.

But, but? Maybe not so scary. Maybe not so dark. Maybe sunshine and light are just winning over for the moment.

Finally summer. Summer, finally.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I need a girls night or a wine lunch date. You game? Yay for summer.

juliejulie said...

Yes, yes! Let's plan a social activity! Anyone ladies who want to meet up in person this week, email me at julieanderson@hotmail.com We need to discuss if we're going to do a real chubbymommy running and walking club, too. I'm ready!