My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit:

http://www.chubbymommyrunningclub.com/

and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Footprints in the Snow

I've been walking to work. It's so close, and the weather's been too ridiculous to drive in lately (6 inches of snow in the past two days!) Plus, in my own way I feel I'm doing my bit for the environment.

The real reason might be that I heard my office has a "Commute Options" competition with the American Licorice company. Whichever company has the least car drives to work wins, and there's candy involved. I love competition that involves candy prizes.

Plus, lately I've been thinking "What would Pony Tail Lady do?" when it comes to getting up and getting active. I think it's a good phrase.

Maybe I should put it on a T-shirt. I'd put "Chubby Mommy Running Club" on the front though. Let me know if you want one, I have a friend who can get me some shirts. We could be a real club if we start wearing shirts, I think.

Anyway, here are the good things about walking to work in the snow:

  1. Baby it's cold outside. I hate being cold, so I actually run for the first three blocks or so. I wear my snow boots, so I don't worry about tripping.
  2. Wake up call: running in the cold wakes me up. The caffeine gets spread out in my veins more quickly this way. I think it's a physics thing.
  3. Footprints: there's something sweet about seeing the little hippity-hop prints of the bunnies who live in the woods along the path I walk along. So nature-y. And of course, there are my own footprints, left over from the morning walk. I feel so powerful, knowing I've made a lasting impression along my path to and from work.

No comments: