My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit:

http://www.chubbymommyrunningclub.com/

and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Boot Camp?

I've tried a few exercise boot camps for women. They're good, if you can wake up that early and drive yourself to the boot camp place, and afford to pay a bunch of money. I always think I should be able to do it on my own, but I can't seem to stick with it for much more than a week.

Today, I woke up an hour early today, since my teenager's alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. It usually goes off at 6:30 a.m. I jumped up, like usual, and began my day. Brush the teeth, go potty. Step on the scale.

Oops.

Too much free beer and waffles at the super fun Polartec and New Balance trade show booths, apparently. Time to get serious. Again

I went upstairs to wake up the big girl, but she informed me it was only 5:30 a.m., and besides she was sick. She was, actually, so I let her go back to sleep without whining about how she woke me up and why the heck didn't she check her alarm and all that.

Huh. A whole extra hour. What to do?

I have an exercise bike in my office room. And some free weights. And a rug, that's perfect for yoga and sit ups. I haven't used it this room for these activities in a while. But jeez, a whole hour, and a super heavy, probably broken scale? The time was right.

So I got my ipod, told the dog it was "night time" (she knows that means go back up and get in a warm bed with a kid) and peddled through 25 minutes of level 5 on the hill program on the bike.

The sad thing is, level 5 on hills only takes me 7.3 miles and only burns 120 calories, according to the bike. Still, better than nothing. Then I did some sit ups. Then I lay on my back and tried to keep my legs up off the ground as long as I could. That was ridiculous. Way harder than it looks.

Then I did a few yoga poses, but since I'm a yoga dropout (too smelly and embarrassing!) I couldn't remember all my poses. So I lifted some weights for a while, like I learned to do at real boot camp.

Then I made coffee, woke up my husband so he could take the dog out (she finally realized it was actually morning after all--she's not as dumb as I pretend she is) and made some egg beaters and green beans (we're totally out of groceries, and I needed protein and veggies, for my new regime.) I think I consumed 180 calories. Damn.

Maybe I don't need boot camp after all. Maybe I can get in a habit to do my own boot camp on my own?

I predict this routine will last about 4 days.

No comments: